NEC 2017 Solar PV Labeling - What You Need to Know
In September, the new NEC 2017 was published and released, giving the industry a glimpse into many new changes and additions in Article 690. As PV systems grow and evolve, the required labeling must change with it to ensure safe and informative installations. Like any evolving process, input from many sources is required to gain a better understanding of what works and what does not, so the process of change can proceed in a way that makes sense for everyday use in real world applications.
Code making panel 4 of the NEC 2017 reviewed hundreds of public inputs. Each suggestion was weighed, reviewed and compared to other similar requests and then voted up or down based on all relevant data and substantiations. Many suggestions were for improved labeling. In the end, the panel addressed a number of inputs; some of the changes are outlined in this article... Read the rest of the article at Solar Power World.
HellermannTyton pre-printed Solar Installation labels are made with durable UV stable materials and adhesives that are designed to stick to both baked enamel and powder coat surfaces. Where applicable, labels are made using reflective materials for first responder safety.
- Features and Benefits
- Made with UV stable inks and materials for durability and weather resistance
- Supplied with aggresive adhesive to ensure long life
- Meets NEC & IFC standards for printed text, character height, color and outdoor UV stability to pass inspections
- Pre-printed labels offer significant time and cost savings over high priced engraved and lead time purchased markers
- Reflective properties to meet applicable NEC code requirements for reflective identification.
*Now available for only $83.50 per 50-pack at solar.fastenerexpert.us